I like to live for each day and enjoy what a new experience will bring to life. I often say "I'm in" to what ever idea is thrown out there for the next experience or adventure. This often leads to an exciting albeit overwhelming schedule at times. My hope is that this blog will capture this attitude in spite of the ups and downs life throws at us.
Try something new. Get out there and learn. Travel. Explore. Run. Eat. Live.
A little more...
In seventeen years of ultra running the sport has seen many changes; huge growth in participants and number of events, additional support from brands and sponsors, evolved products and more recently prize money in a few events.
Following are media hits, videos, magazine articles and on-line publications that have covered my continued and ever evolving passion.
- Mile For Mile - produced by Patagonia
- Tracing the Edge Video Series - produced & hosted by Patagonia.
- Fridge Elements: Ultra Trail Running - produced by Reel Water Productions, hosted by National Geographic Adventure
- Wild Love Film #2: Ultra Runner Krissy Moehl "Life's better shared" - produced by Andy Maser and Emily Nuchols, hosted by National Geographic Adventure
- TEDxOverlake Presentation: How we learn: at work, at play, at school. June 2011
- Zion Traverse: FKT - produced and hosted by Patagonia
- Grand Canyon FKT - produced by Jim Speth/UltrAspire, hosted on YouTube
- Patagonia Product Videos
Print / Web
- January 19, 2017 – The New York Times, Women Who Run, And Write About It
April 2016 – Running.Competitor.com, Is running Good For the Planet? Many Events are going green. http://running.competitor.com/2017/04/races/running-planet-going-green_164017
Run the Alps Poster Girl - March 2017
January 25, 2016 – Ultimate Direction press release, team member
February 26, 2016 – Chuckanut 50k Cheat Sheet – Outside Magazine Online
February 29, 2016 – What is the meaning of life? - Excellence Reporter
March 2016 – Trail Runner Magazine – Pro-Tec / REI ad – foam rolling
Spring/Summer 2016 – Trail Running girl for Vasque catalog
2016 Event Guide Outdoors NW, pg 40 – 4 Steps to Putting Your Legs to Work
April 4, 2016 – Trail Runner – Seattle’s Trail-Running Renaissance, mentioned
April 2016 – FitWild Interview Krissy Moehl is an amazing trail runner
April 18, 2016 – Trail Runner Online – Train Your Brain – book promo/excerpt
May 2016 – Patagonia Catalog – 2 page hardergrat spread
May 2016 – First Endurance Blog/PR – Krissy Moehl wins the Quicksilver 100k
June 2016 – Trail Runner Magazine – Pro-Tec / REI coop ad foam rolling
June 2016 – Trail Runner Magazine – Julbo Ad featured athlete
June 7, 2016 – The Seventh Wave – Thoughts on the run with ultra marathon runner Krissy Moehl
July 2016 – TrailRunner DIRT Magazine Cover shot (from Hardergrat)
July 2016 – ProTec Athletics catalog cover shot
July 2016 – TrailRunner – photo lead on SingleTrack Havens article
August 30, 2016 – First Endurance blog/pr Krissy Moehl wins Cascade Crest Classic 100 miler
August 31, 2016 – Mount Baker Experience Magazine, Catching up Krissy Moehl, top ultra runner and Northwest Native
September 2016 – Trail Runner Magazine, Mountain Meccas article, photo from Tetons
September 8, 2016 – RaceSLO Press Release
September 27, 2016 – RunBikeAdventureFitnessNewGearStore, Interview: Top Female Ultrarunner Krissy Moehl (book interview, St. Louis, MO)
Fall 2016 – Authored Article “I’m In” in EXPLORE magazine about Patagonica National Park trip. Photos by James Q Martin
October 17, 2016 – Whatcomtalk.com Krissy Moehl – An Ultra Runner’s View of Trail Running in Bellingham
November 30, 2016 – Trail Runner magazine, What’s the Best Ultrarunning Book for you?
December 2016 – Vasque Footwear Tech sheet, Hardergrat photo
- Origins Magazine, Featured Athlete - July/August 2013
- NumberDo, Japanese online publication - July 2013
- Trail Running Magazine Calendar - November 2013
- Patagonia Homepage - Zion photo - June 2012
- Women's Adventure Magazine - cover and article - Spring 2012
- Runners World France - Highlight feature on race rituals - July – August 2011
- Huffington Post Sports Blog - by Laura Gottesdiener - June 2011
- Trail Runner Magazine: Zion Traverse article - article author and cover & article photos - July/August 2012
Shape Magazine - October 2010 “Our Inspiration” piece
- Tarzan Magazine (Japan) - October 2010 “Running around Kamakura
- Tarzan Magazine (Japan) - July 2010 cover
- The Ultimate Guide to Trail Running, 2nd Edition - contributing author “How the Pieces Fit”
- Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons - contributing author